Thursday, February 4, 2010

Public House

Last night after my internship, I went to a bar called Public House to meet up with friends for drinks because my room mate was guest bartending there.  The bar was a little upscale for my taste, and for some odd reason had quite a few American flag decorations, but I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to see that the Celtics-Miami game was playing on multiple TV’s around the establishment, including a huge projection screen visible from my booth.  I have to admit that I was slightly distracted by the game when my friends were trying to talk to me, but what can say? I don’t get to see the games very often in New York

Despite the expensive drinks, the game was close to the finish and the C’s pulled off a 107-102 victory by the final buzzer, even without star Paul Pierce.  I definitely recommend checking out this bar for a few after work drinks sometime.  The music was great, the crowd was young, and most importantly they showed an exciting Boston game on a humongous screen.   

The bar is conveniently located near Grand Central at 140 E 41st St, between Lexington and Third.  I recommend grabbing a bite to eat anywhere around Third and 35th, and then heading over to Public House to watch the game with a few drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment